Tips to Reduce Holiday Stress
And for many, the holidays bring about stress.
Stress of organizing all the holiday parties and gatherings. Stress of taking off time at work. Stress to get everything done in time.
Here are some helpful tips to reduce whatever might be causing your headaches this holiday season:
- Take care of yourself by getting plenty of rest and eating well.
- Try out new ways of thinking. Quickly change those negative thoughts into positive ones. Work on letting go of things that you can’t change. Learn to say “no!”
- Speak up. Try assertive communication techniques to help you express how you feel in a thoughtful and tactful way.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you are feeling overwhelmed or just need a break.
- Get regular exercise.
- Do something that you enjoy. Cook, grab coffee with friends, watch your favorite TV show.
- Focus on the present. Laughter really can be the best medicine.